- What does it mean to defenestrate someone?
- What is Agathokakological?
- What’s the difference between within and in?
- What does Defenistrate mean?
- What is Liberosis?
- What is a Nemophilist?
- Is within before or after?
- What is animus mean?
- Is Vellichor a real word?
- How do you use defenestration in a sentence?
- Is there a word for day after tomorrow?
- Is Overmorrow a word?
- What is a Synophile?
- What is today’s word of the day?
- How do you use within in a sentence?
- What is a Melomaniac?
- What does within you mean?
What does it mean to defenestrate someone?
Defenestration (from Old French fenestre, inherited from Latin fenestra) is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window.
The term was coined around the time of an incident in Prague Castle in the year 1618 which became the spark that started the Thirty Years’ War..
What is Agathokakological?
: composed of both good and evil.
What’s the difference between within and in?
1. ‘In’ and ‘within’ are both prepositions that refer to spatial or a logical relationship between two or more subjects in a sentence. 2. ‘In’ is specifically defined as being inside while ‘within’ implies being inside of a given set of parameters relative to the object it’s linking to and not actually inside of it.
What does Defenistrate mean?
1. defenestration – the act of throwing someone or something out of a window. expulsion, riddance, ejection, exclusion – the act of forcing out someone or something; “the ejection of troublemakers by the police”; “the child’s expulsion from school”
What is Liberosis?
John Koenig coined the term ‘Liberosis’ in The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. Liberosis is “…the desire to care less about things – to loosen your grip on your life, to stop glancing behind you every few steps, afraid that someone will snatch it from you…”
What is a Nemophilist?
Noun. nemophilist (plural nemophilists) (rare) One who is fond of forests or forest scenery; a haunter of the woods.
Is within before or after?
Within is a single word. In the sense of your example, it means something like during, or before the end of: do not drink or eat during the hour before or the hour after you take these pills.
What is animus mean?
noun. strong dislike or enmity; hostile attitude; animosity. purpose; intention; animating spirit. (in the psychology of C. G. Jung) the masculine principle, especially as present in women (contrasted with anima).
Is Vellichor a real word?
Vellichor is one such word, and Koenig’s site has hundreds of others, such as zenosyne (the sense that time keeps going faster), liberosis (the desire to care less about things), and sonder (the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own).
How do you use defenestration in a sentence?
As punishment, they were thrown out the window of Prague Castle. The men survived the 50-foot tumble into the moat, but the incident, which became known as the Defenestration of Prague, marked the beginning of the Bohemian resistance to Hapsburg rule that eventually led to the Thirty Years’ War.
Is there a word for day after tomorrow?
There may have been one, or more, and there may still be dialectal variants around here and there. But there’s no general word; instead there’s a fixed phrase, which you used: the day after tomorrow. … If there were such a word, it would be overmorrow.
Is Overmorrow a word?
Overmorrow: on the day after tomorrow. So instead of having this word, we have the wordy “day after tomorrow.” German still has this very useful word: übermorgen.
What is a Synophile?
Noun. cynophile (plural cynophiles) A person who loves canines; a dog lover.
What is today’s word of the day?
#WordOfTheDay #language #vocabulary. Find this Pin and more on Word of the Day by Dictionary.com.
How do you use within in a sentence?
Within sentence examplesWithin seconds, she was drenched. … She was holding it within her. … Within an hour Betsy had assembled a full biography. … Within seconds, his head flew across the room. … He stopped within arms’ reach. … He felt panic bubble within him as he looked around. … He keeps it all within him.More items…
What is a Melomaniac?
1 : an individual exhibiting melomania. 2 : an individual (as a person or dog) that is inordinately and abnormally affected by musical or other tones in certain ranges of sound.
What does within you mean?
1 in; inside; enclosed or encased by. 2 before (a period of time) has elapsed. within a week. 3 not beyond the limits of; not differing by more than (a specified amount) from. live within your means, within seconds of the world record.